For the further evolution on Flat Panel Display, such as the “Embedded DisplayPort™” application, as a leader of LED backlight Panel connector field (- share No.1(*1) in the latest technology LED Backlight Flat panel connector for Notebook PC field,) I-PEX has been proposed a new product “CABLINE®-VS.”
CABLINE®-VS series are formally certified the latest VESA® standard specification, "VESA® 16:9 Wide Notebook Panel Standard Version 1" as a standard connector. This new specification corresponds for LED backlight and future's mainstream of aspect ratio 16:9, and our CABLINE®-VS is employed on LED Backlight Panel as a standard connector. The background of this certification indicates our existing "High" market share in the slim type Notebook PC of LED Backlight market. Moreover, CABLINE®-VS series' excellent high speed performance can bring smooth & seamless transition to DisplayPort™ from LVDS.
Currently LED Backlight in the Notebook PC market holds more than 50% market share, and it is considered to be 100% share in the future. I-PEX continue to build up the supply chain for the growing LED Backlight market and the prospective expansion of DisplayPort™ market in the future.
(*1)Confirmed by I-PEX in Oct, 2008.
VESA®: Video Electronics Standard Association
DisplayPort™ is the newest digital video interface standard from VESA®
- Designed for high speed transmission of 2.7Gbps or more.
- With various simulations on a latest simulation tool, ideal impedance matching of the inside signal of a connector and GND Path has been achieved.
- The whole connector is covered by metal shell. Furthermore, it’s shortest certain GND route by the multiple points of ground contact can perform the excellent EMI characteristic.
- Double locking structure is available, the standard built-in lock and optional pull bar locking, allow easy and certain operation.
- Receptacle: Secure highly reliable contact structure of the W-point contact under severe environments.
- Receptacle: Over-molding design under the connector can bring the benefit of minimum Pattern prohibition areas and the design flexibility of board wiring and VIA hole.
Electrically characteristic (for horizontal matching co-axial connector)
- Pitch: 0.5mm
- Height: 1.0mm
- Cable size:
SGC(Small Gage Coaxial Cable): AWG #40
Discrete: AWG #32
Twin Coax : AWG #40
Please contact our sales representatives for details.